The Adelaide Giants are set for a season like no other, in a year like no other.
But one thing remains the same – our game days are run on the hard work, heart, soul and passion of the volunteers that makes attending a baseball match so fun.
This season, we are hosting an Adelaide “Hub” from January 14-20. Over the seven days we will host two ABL games per day.
Come and join our baseball family, make new friends and set the atmosphere at the ballpark. No experience required.
We are looking for roles in the following areas. For full descriptions of each, please download our ‘Volunteer Role Guide’ by clicking here. This guide is indicative of past seasons.
For a brief rundown, here are areas we need assistance in:
1. Front of House – Join the team that helps get the fans in the door. From scanning, to ushering, to handing out programs, to giving out much needed assistance, you are vital in assuring our fans have the best time in town!
2. Bars – From serving beers, to making sure the corporates have a great time – our fans are thirsty and we need to get them something to drink!
3. Corporate Hospitality – Do you have the gift of the gab? Do you want to help service some of the biggest sponsors and clients in Adelaide? From greeting, to servicing, to just standing and having a chat, we need to give our partners some love!
4. Fan Engagement / Production – From playing the music, to making videos, to helping the kids get around the ballpark and everything in between, there are heaps of opportunities for you to get the fans involved!
5. Grounds Crew – Help set up the stadium and get the ground in top condition for ABL to be played!
We offer fantastic benefits like:
– Hands on work experience;
– Invitation to Giants Volunteer recognition events (like the Ice Hockey, watch parties, other sporting events)
– Meet the players with exclusive experiences;
– Invite to the post-season Volunteers Baseball game/tournament
– Volunteer pack
– Be a part of a great community;
– Meal allowance while on duty (for the busy ones!);
– The chance to develop new skills;
– Access to training;
– Work with an awesome team;
– Volunteer pathways;
– Share the love of baseball;
– Make new friends
– Access to designated parking at West Beach
– Give back to the local community
– And most of all, having fun!
For detailed job descriptions or to register your interest please email volunteer coordinator Ainslie at firstname.lastname@example.org or GM Operations Eric at email@example.com.
Let’s work hard, have fun and push the Giants to victory.